Deborah Faleke, electrocuted by a fallen high- tension at Fagbenro Street, Alakuko, Lagos State on May 21, had two distinctions and six credits in the just released West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASCE) results.
Pastor Ademola Faleke, the father of the deceased, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday that Deborah performed excellently well and her result was one of the best in her school.
NAN reports that tragedy struck on Fagbenro Street, after a high-tension wire fell on the 14-year-old Deborah and was immediately electrocuted.
“The late Deborah had two distinctions and six credits out of the nine subjects she sat for in the 2016 May/June Examination.
She had C6 in Economics, B3 in Geography, C5 in Civil Education, and C4 in English Language.She also had C4 in Mathematics, B3v in Chemistry, E8 in Biology, C6 in Physics and F9 in Marketing respectively.’’
The pastor, moved to tears while reeling out the result to NAN, said that Deborah had desired to study Bio-chemistry in one of the privately owned universities in Ogun, before her untimely death.
I had promised to finance her education to her desired level then, Faleke said.
“Now that she was no more, the result had become a wasted effort and her hopes of studying the course of her choice dashed.’’
“My daughter was the Senior Girl in her secondary school during her final year.
“She was also the president the school Jet’s Club and the Secretary of its Literary and Debating Society.
“As a father, I had promised her then that I would try within my power to ensure that she achieved her education desire but the will of God must prevail,’’ he said.
NAN had previously reported that Deborah had gone to stay with her cousin, Bukola Ogunbanjo, barely two weeks after she had finished writing her WASCE examination when unfortunate incident that led to her untimely death happened.
The high-tension which belonged to Ikeja Electric (IE) fell on Deborah immediately electricity supply was restored to the area around 10a.m., on the fateful day.
Faleke also said that the management of IE which was in charge of the area where the high-tension killed Deborah had only visited his family once since the incident occurred.
“The management of IE visited my family once, since then my family had not seen or heard anything from IE’s management’’ he said.
He also said that recently the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) sent its representatives to commiserate with him and his family over the lost.
However, IE’s head of Corporate Communications, Mr Felix Ofulue, told NAN that the matter was being handled by its legal unit.
He said that he would communicate whatever updates he had to NAN as soon as he it was made available to him.