EcoBank Ad
Entertainment

Daniel Craig still first choice for James Bond films, producer says

Daniel Craig

Daniel Craig

The team behind the James Bond films,  on Friday said it wants Daniel Craig to return
as ‘007’.

Callum McDougall, the spy series’ executive producer told BBC radio.

“The 48-year-old star was “absolutely the first choice … We would love Daniel to return as Bond,” McDougall added.

He noted that Bond producers — Barbara Broccoli, Michael Wilson both shared his views.

READ ALSO:  MTN unveils Osuofia, 9 other artistes as 2016/2017 brand ambassadors

“I know they are hoping for him to come back,” he said.

A report by RadarOnline earlier this month said Craig had already been offered 150 million dollars by studio Sony to return for two more films.

Craig said last year he was “over” the role after filming wrapped up on the last instalment “Spectre”, which went on to gross 880 million dollars worldwide.

READ ALSO:  Nollywood plays significant role in Nigerian economy, says finance minister

When asked if he could imagine doing another Bond movie, Craig told London’s Time Out magazine: “Now? I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists.”

His words triggered a flurry of speculation over who might appear next, with Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston, Aidan Turner among the top contenders.

Craig first film in the James Bond role “Casino Royale”, released internationally in November 2006, while his fourth Bond film “Spectre”, premiered in 2015.

READ ALSO:  World’s highest paid celebrity, Taylor Swift visits sick Aussie kids
Comments
To Top